core control, conscious control
FLEXIBILITY. STRENGTH. ENDURANCE
Call or Text:
My home studio features a state of the art V2Max Plus Reformer and an assortment of small equipment to challenge and assist your workouts.
Studio is owned and operated by Colleen Chilvers. Assisted by MJ, our resident cat.
I became interested in Pilates a number of years ago when a nagging back problem developed and, deciding I was too old to ignore these aches and pains any longer, started taking mat Pilates. After attending Mat classes for quite some time, I was introduced to the Reformer and was instantly hooked. At that time I decided that teaching was for me so I certified with Stott Pilates Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and Barrels, Injuries and Special Populations in Toronto in 2008. Since then I have added to my repertoire with Pilates Barre, Pelvic Floor Pilates, Pilates for Golf, TRX Suspension training, and FAI Older Adult certification. As my teaching progressed, I realized that the opportunity to work with so many different types of people is one of the joys of life. My focus is to help people maintain or achieve better quality of movement at any stage of life. There is nothing more rewarding than hearing someone say their pain has gone away, they are no longer achy or that they look forward to coming to my classes because they feel so much better afterward. I teach Pilates because I fully believe in the Method of movement, but I get up and go to work every day because I truly look forward to seeing the people who attend my classes or private sessions each week.
I believe that educating people in the Pilates method is more than just showing exercises and asking for a certain number of repetitions. It’s training minds to then train bodies to achieve the best outcomes possible – whether that means more flexibility or strength, a better golf swing, reduced discomfort/pain, or making activities of daily living more comfortable. Pilates is really about integrating mind and body to make anyone of any age feel the best they can feel. And when clients leave their workout session with smiles on their faces it makes my day!
• Stott Pilates Certification: Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and Barrels, Injuries and Special Populations
• Certified Pfilates Instructor (Pelvic Floor Pilates)
• Pilates for Golf Certification
• TRX Group Suspension Training
• TRX Sports Medicine Suspension Training
• Certified CanFitPro Personal Trainer
• Merrithew Health and Fitness: Total Barre Instructor
• Barre Concept
• Stonybrook University Certification: Physical Instruction for Older Adults
• Stonybrook University Certification: Optimal Nutrition for Health, Wellness and Sport
• Pilates for Buff Bones Licensed Instructor
• Urban Poling Instructor